Lester William Breeze
Lester William Breeze was born November 29, 1893 in Walnut Hil1. He
married Meda Miller, daughter of Bloomer and Susannah Matthews Mil1er.
The Millers moved to the Walnut Hil1 area from Indiana by covered wagon
in 1898. They are the parents of ten children.
(I) Clifford Lester born September 1, 1913 married Edna Higdon and they
have two sons.
(2) Oran Earl born November 26, 1915 married Elsie Self and they had six
children. Elsie died October 27, 1971. Oran married Mildred McKinnon
March 29, 1972. Oran is a Baptist minister.
(3) John David born May 8, 1919 married Mary E. Bundy. They were the
parents of one son and two daughters. John David was lost at sea when
his ship went down in a hurricane in 1944.
(4) Ronald Leroy born April 25, 1921 married Geraldine Lockeby. They
were the parents of two daughters. They were divorced and he married
Vivian Pippin. Ronald was a sergeant in WWII.
(5) Dean Edward born October 6, 1923 married Louise Woolever. They have
three daughters. He served in WWII in the Pacific area and fought on
Guam, Bougainvil1e, and Iwo Jima where he was awarded the Bronze Star
for heroic services.
(6) Donald Louis born May 8, 1927 married Edna Faye Good. They are the
parents of four children.
(7) Betty Lorena born March 14, 1929 married Harold Albright. They have
four sons. Harold is a captain with the Mt. Vernon Police Dept. and Betty
is a computer programmer with General Radiator company.
(8) Peggy Joyce born November 17. 1931 married Richard Porter and they
have five sons. He is an auctioneer.
(9) Meda Opal born December 3, 1935 married Jackie Blake and they have one
son and two daughters. Jack is a foreman for General Radiator and Meda Opal
is a real estate broker.
(10) Mil1ard Gale born August 11, 1941 married Shirley Latta and they are
the parents of three children. Gale live on the home place and farms.
Lester William was employed b) the Illinois Central railway until he
retired in 1949. He became a minister in the Freewill Baptist church in
1951. He served on school boards and Jefferson county Welfare Board for
a number of years.
Donald and Edna Breeze are the parents of four children.
(I) Betty Carol McKinney who has one son and two daughters.
(2) George Louis who has one son and one daughter. George is in the United States
Navy and now stationed at Key West, Florida.
(3) Donald Edward of Mt. Vernon.
(4) Almon Darrell who has one daughter. Donald Louis was first employed by
the Illinois Central railway in 1943. From 1944 until 1946 he served in
the United States Navy aboard the U.S.S. Menelaus in the Pacific area.
In 1951 during the Korean conflict he served aboard the D.S.S.
Wisconsin. He was discharged in May of 1952. Donald Louis became a
minister in 1950 and pastored churches at Markham City, Starr, Nev.
Home (Lowery), Mt. Vernon First, and Mt. Vernon Second General Baptist. In
1958 and 1959 he operated a grocery store at the Markham Road on
Illinois Route 15. In January of 1975 he was forced to retire from the
Illinois Central railway on account of poor health. - Donald Breeze
Some ommisions may have occured to protect living individuals.
"Facts and Folks A History of Jefferson County, Illinois"
Jefferson County Historical Society
Printed by Taylor Publishing Company, Dallas, TX Page 98
Submitted by Sandy Whalen Bauer