Search billions of records on


George Johnson died at home at Keens today from the effects of a dose of poison
administered by Dr. Branson of that village by mistake. Johnson had been sick for some time and
went to Dr. Branson to get some medicine. The latter gave him a liberal dose of a colored fluid
from a bottle which stood in his office, but the result was very different from what he expected and
the patient instead of getting better grew rapidly worse and died a few hours later from the effects
of the potion he had taken. The particulars of the unfortunate affair could not be learned. We are
under obligations to Capt. F. W. Havill for the facts which we have related.

February 15, 1898 Mt. Vernon Register News 
submitted by: Sharlet Bigham LaBarbera 
Jan 28, 1997  

Visit RootsWeb
Please send additions & corrections to 
Jefferson County Coordinator Cindy Ford
© 2005-2012 by Cindy Ford
All rights reserved