Since the birth of the Master Every Name Index in 1977, this database has grown to
include 800,000 entries from nearly 250 Kane County resources.
This mammoth index has been produced from the work of members and friends of the
society indexing private and public records allowing the Kane County researcher to
quickly access available references. The intent of the index has been to encompass
all communities within the boundaries of Kane County, Illinois.
Resources indexed include:
· Kane County Naturalization, Marriage, Guardianship, and Probate records
· All 5 county histories dating from 1878 to 1908
· Census records, including the 1840, 1850, 1860 federal censuses and the 1865 Illinois
· Cemetery inscriptions from over 50 county cemeteries
· Community and organization histories
· Kane County Gazeteers and church histories
· School, bible and funeral home records
The Kane County Genealogical Society is proud to offer, for the first time, a listing
of all names included in the Master Every Name Index. The names identified in the
accompanying links indicate those that are included in the database as well as the
frequency of their appearance within the records associated with the database.
Access to the accompanying records for the names in the database is by paid query
only. For a non-refundable fee the research staff of the Kane County Genealogical
· Conduct a search of the husband, the wife with married name, and the wife with
· Identify the specific source(s) in which the names are found.
· Copy the resource, if available within the library of the Kane County Genealogical
Society, and/or identify the facility from which the resource is available.
· Supply a bibliography, complete with author and publisher information.
In addition, with the patron’s permission, queries are published within the KCGS
quarterly, The Kane County Chronicles.
The fee for the query has been modified to a price per hour basis. The service is
priced at $15.00 per hour for each couple plus $1.50 postage and handling fee for
the order. Generally, query searches are an hour in duration. Please supply payment
for one hour plus postage and handling. The patron will be billed for searches requiring
more than an hour.