St. Gilbert Church in Grayslake is in the Chicago Archdiocese. The parish was organized in 1930. Before then parishioners attended church at St. Joseph in Round Lake or St. Joseph in Libertyville. A brick church was built and dedicated in 1932. A school was started in the 1940s.
Prince of Peace Church was built in Lake Villa, taking some territory from St. Gilbert. St. Gilbert built a new church and school building in 1965.