St. Bede Church in Ingleside is in the Chicago Archdiocese. The parish was started in 1928. There was an earlier church in the area, as St. Mary of the Lake was built on the site of the St. Bede Cemetery around 1870. This was a mission church of St. Patrick and then Transfiguration.
A new frame church was built from 1940-1941. In 1958 the church added a school.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City has microfilmed baptisms from 1903-ca 1920 and communions from 1904-1913 for the mission church St. Mary of the Lake. The film is available for rental through your local Family History Center. Click here for St. Mary of the Lake film notes. Be sure to look for items 15 and 17 on the film to find the St. Mary of the Lake records. Note that these records are found as a mission of the Transfiguration Church in Wauconda's, and that church's records are also in these items.
Home | Back to Churches page