Lake County (IL) Genealogical Society
Close this window when finished.
You will return to the page where you came from
Navigating this Site
A few comments about this site will help you get around easier.
- Searching. We don't have a search engine to search just this site but hope to be able to have one soon. In the meanwhile, use your browser's FIND function (for PC users, Cntrl+F will bring up a box where you can type the surname or whatever you want to find) and you will be able to search the page where you are.
- The soft ivory textured background. The pages on this site where you can link back and forth are an ivory color. Our sister site, Lake County GenWeb, has a light gray textured background. As the remodeling of these two sites progresses, there will be more and more links between them. You will be able to tell them apart by the color of the background.
- The plain white background. Think of any page with a white background as a "deadend page" because once you get there, you can't go anywhere. (You are reading comments are on a white background, therefore, this page is one of those with no where to go. It was done intentionally.) The only thing you can do to get anywhere is to close this window by clicking that little X in the box in the upper righthand corner of your screen. The page will go away and you will be back where you started from. There's an easy way to tell if you're at one of these places: If the screen background is white, you close the window to get on with things. If the screen background is a soft ivory, there will be places for you to link to. Why the deadends? Well, have you ever linked from page to page for who knows how many pages and then tried to back track only to find that all of a sudden there's no place to go back to? If you'd known you were on a deadend path to begin with, you could have just closed the window and saved yourself a lot of clicks and a lot of time.
- The green box at the top of the page. The main home page and the mini home pages for each section have this green box that has links to easily find each section of this site.
- The link pathway at the top and bottom of a page. The home pages have the green box for navigation and the description pages have a pathway which shows the way from HOME to the page where you are. The link name for the page where you are is not shown as a link in the pathway. (Why? It would be useless to link to yourself.) But every link in the path back to home is active and you can take a sidetrip or you can go directly back to home.
You've been reading this message on one of those deadend pages. So close this window and get back to looking for your ancestors.
LCIGS, P.O. Box 998,
Mundelein, IL 60060-0998
Updated: January 10, 2011