Rev. WILLIAM M. CAMPBELL, pastor of the Presbyterian church at Carrollton, is a native of Woodstock, Ontario, Canada, where he was born Jan. 21, 1846. He is a son of Murdoch and Ann (McKay) Campbell, natives of Sutherlandshire, Scotland. They came to Canada about 1835 and engaged in farming, after having spent some time in the Maritime Provinces. His father died in 1881, but his mother still resides in Woodstock. William received his advanced literary training in Toronto, after which he pursued his theological studies in Auburn, N.Y., and Chicago, Ill. He was ordained to the ministry in the Presbyterian church by the Presbytery of Saginaw, Synod of Michigan, in 1877. After being engaged in missionary work in the west, and laboring in Michigan, for a year or two, he came to Carrollton, in the fall of 1883, and took charge of the Presbyterian church, where he at present labors. The relations between himself and people have been very pleasant, and the work has, on various lines, been moving encouragingly onward. Rev. Mr. Campbell was united in marriage, in New York city, in 1883, shortly after commencing his Carrollton pastorate, with Caroline Wilhelmine Berbecker, daughter of Julius and Emma Marie (Lueneschloss) Berbecker, natives of Germany, in the vicinity of Cologne. They came to America about 1855, and resided in New Orleans, mrs. Campbell's birthplace, for a few years. They removed to New York city and afterward to Chicago. From the latter city, having been burned out, Mr. Berbecker removed again to New York, engaging in the wholesale upholsters' hardware business, where he at present resides, his wife having died in Chicago. Rev. Mr. Campbell is a member of the Masonic fraternity. He is a contributing member of the American Akademe, a philosophical society having its headquarters at Jacksonville, Ill. He is also a member of the Victoria Institute of Philosophy, of London, England, of which the late earl of Shaftesbury was president.