CORNELIS CARMODY has a store opposite the C. & A. depot. He has been doing business in Carrollton since 1867. Cornelius Carmody came to Greene county in July, 1850, and for six or seven years, worked by the month, on a farm. He then bought land and began farming for himself. In 1865 he removed to Carrollton, and engaged int the grocery business. He also purchased land at different times afterward, and now owns 120 acres, all within the city limits, for which he paid from $61 to $100 per acre. He also owns his store, and lot, two houses and lots, and another store and lot, which cost him $4,500. He was born in county Clare, Ireland, in 1830, and came to America in 1850, landing at New Orleans July 1, and arriving in Carrollton July 12. He married Bridget Hines, and by that union there were four children, only one of whom is now living - Lydia, wife of George D. Hill. Mrs. Carmody died and he was again married to Ann Connole. They are the parents of seven children - John, Cornelius, Minnie, Maggie, Nora, Katie and Emma. Mr. Carmody is a member of the Catholic church. His political views are democratic.