Dr. Charles C. Clemmons, among the present practitioners of Carrollton, is a son of Dr. C. P. and Matilda Clemmons. He was born in Pike county, Ill., Jan. 27, 1857, and was brought to Carrollton by his parents, in 1860, where he was reared and received his early education. he received a large portion of his literary training at Frankfort, Ky., graduating from the Military Institute at that place, in 1875. He then took a commercial course at Jones' Commercial College, St. Louis, graduating in 1876. He then began the study of medicine, and in 1879, graduated as physician and surgeon, from the St. Louis Medical College, when he engaged in practice at Carrollton. In 1882 he went to Kansas, and later to Texas and Louisiana, returning to Carrollton in the spring of 1885, and resumed practice at that place. He was married Oct. 26, 1882, to Jessie Robards, by whom one daughter has been born - Bessie. The doctor is a member of the K. of P. society.