DR. JAMES N. MILLER, now residing in Rockbridge township, was born in Gaylesville, Ala., May 17, 1841. He moved to this state with the family in 1858. He was educated at McKendree College, and at the Rush Medical College. After graduation, in 1862, he was appoin ted 1st asst. surg., and assigned to the 13th A.C. He was united in marriage with Eliza Edmondson. In Oct., 1865, the doctor located at Fayette, and engaged in the practice of medicine.