Dr. Eberle Wilson, a practicing physician of Carrollton, was born in Girard county, Ky., Jan. 22, 1839. During the late war he enlisted as a private in the 19th Ky. Inf., of the Federal army, and rose to the rank of 1st lieutenant. he was taken prisoner during Banks' Red river expedition and sent to Texas as a prisoner. In 1865, after being exchanged, commenced the study of medicine with Dr. P. W. Logan, who had been a surgeon of some prominence in the service, and attended a three year's course of lectures at Bellevue, and graduated at Brooklyn, N.Y. In the fall of 1867, he located in Fayette, where he practiced until 1872, then removed to Rockbridge, where he practiced until 1885, when he removed to Carrollton. He married Lucy A. Cannedy.