REV. S. B. AYERS, minister and farmer; P.O. Tallula; was born in Northampton Co., Penn., Aug. 13, 1811. Early in life, he began preparing for the ministry. In 1831, he entered Princeton College, graduating in 1834, and graduating from the Theological Seminary in 1837. He began the work of the ministry with the Presbyterian denomination. In the spring of 1838, he was ordained, and took charge of the church at Montague, N. J., where he remained three years, thence to Ellenville (Ulster Co.). Where he remained upward of fourteen years. He, with family, came to Menard Co., Ill., in the fall of 1854; here he has since worked diligently in the cause of Christianity, and also superintends his home farm, which consists of 100 acres. He is now the regular minister for the Pleasant Plains Church (which church he was instrumental in building). He is also a regular minister for the Ashland Church. Mr. Ayers has had a long and fruitful career in the work of the ministry, and has won the esteem and respect of all who know him. He was twice married; first, to Miss Sarah H. Roy, of New Jersey, Sept. 13, 1838; she died Sept. 3, 1851, leaving five children. He married his present wife May 17, 1853; her maiden name was Miss Frances B. Parshall, of Orange Co., N.Y. They have five children.