D. S. FRACKELTON, banker, Petersburg; was born in County Down, Ireland, Feb. 14, 1827, son of William and Elizabeth (Waddell) Frackelton. His father being a merchant, he early followed mercantile life, and by energy, industry and uprightness has placed himself in his present prominent and highly respected position. His father died while he was quite young. The rest of the family came to this country, though at different times. The subject of this sketch, with his brother, came and located in Springfield in 1843; there they taught school for a time, and finally located in Petersburg in 1844, and embarked in mercantile business and were quite successful in this and banking. His brother died in 1874, while he still continues in mercantile and banking business. His brother James, who came to this country in 1848, is a prosperous merchant, with whom he is connected in the mercantile department. D. S. has long been a member of the Presbyterian Church and is prominently connected with its growth and prosperity, serving as an elder for many years, and the high esteem in which he is held by all who know him is the result of an honorable and upright life. He married Louise, daughter of Dr. Chandler (the founder and prominent citizen of Chandlersville, Ill.), March 13, 1856. They have 5 children living.