REV. A.H. GOODPASTURE, minister, Petersburg; son of John and Margery (Bryan) Goodpasture; was born in Overton Co., Tenn., June 21, 1812; his ancestors were prominent pioneers of Virginia; his grandfather built the first Court House at Richmond; the subject of this sketch is the sixth child of a family of fourteen children; about the age of 21, he began doing for himself, and removed to Central Alabama; it was on this journey that he stopped for a time and attended camp-meeting and experienced religion, resolving ever after to be a worker for the cause o Christ; he soon began to study for the ministry, and, in April, 1835, was licensed by the Talladega Presbytery of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church to preach; he began the work of the ministry at Mardisville, Ala., and, after an absence of twenty-five months, returned to his people in Alabama, and there preached until 1842, when he again came to this State, locating in Menard Co., where he has since diligently labored in the work of the ministry. Mr. Goodpasture is one of the pioneer preaches of Illinois and is at present Pastor of the Concord Church, near where he resides. He married Miss Dulcina B. Williams, of this county, Jan. 10, 1843; she was born in Bath Co., Ky., March 19, 1819; they are the parents of six children, only three of whom are now living. He owns a farm of 200 acres, which he superintends. They are well known and highly respected citizens.