H. H. MARBOLD, banker and dealer in live stock, Greenview; was born in the Province of Hanover, Prussia, April 21, 1835; son of John H. and Maria E. (Sherhorn) Marbold, both natives of Hanover; the former was born May 7, 1800, and the latter Feb. 2, 1809; they were united in marriage Nov. 3, 1829, and were the parents of six children, three of whom are now living; the mother departed this life in September, 1843; they came to this country and landed at New Orleans Nov. 17, 1847; they stopped there a short time, and also in the city of St. Louis, when they came to Petersburg, Menard Co., Dec. 6, same year; they remained in Petersburg about three years, when the father bought 200 acres of land near the village of Sweetwater, upon which they moved and where they have since resided. H. H. Marbold received a good literary education and, at the same time, a much better practical one, for, when quite young, his father furnished him with means to trade in cattle, a business he has successfully followed ever since. He was united in marriage with Margaret Hackman June 28, 1860; she was born in the Province of Hanover, Prussia, Jan. 14, 1840; from this union there were six children, three of whom are now living - Anna M., born Aug. 21, 1861; John H., April 17, 1865, and Benjamin F., Dec. 14, 1877. The names of the deceased are - Dora, born July 26, 1871, died Feb. 16, 1877; Henry H., born April 6, 1874, died Feb. 19, 1877, and a babe who died in infancy. In 1876, Mr. Marbold built a large two-story brick building in the village of Greenview, at a cost of $12,000 in which was started a banking firm known as Marbold, Alkire & Co. He owns 2,600 acres of land, upon which he grazes and feeds a large number of cattle each year; he has always been liberal in his support of moral and educational enterprises, the churches and schools of the neighborhood, and has ever been foremost in the development of the best interests of the county.