WOODSON B. POWER, farmer and stock-raiser; P.O. Petersburg; is a son of E. D. Power, one of the settlers of this county; was born on the same section he now lives on Sept. 3, 1839; remained with his parents and assisted his father in the duties of the farm, and also worked in the saw-mill which his father ran for several years, Woodson officiating as sawyer. Feb. 7, 1861, he married Hannah McDougall, a native of this township; six children were born, but five of whom are living - George C., Anna M., Nellie, Mary T., William D. and Surrency, now deceased; Feb. 10, 1873, his wife died with consumption; the fall of 1861, he located on the farm which he now owns, where he has since built the handsome brick residence he now occupies, and made all the substantial improvements that adorn the premises. He was married to Mrs. Elizabeth Ludum, who was born in Kentucky, but raised in this county; had four children, three living - Emma V., Edgar D., Martha L., Roma (now deceased). Since his first marriage he has been engaged in farming and stock raising and feeding, and is a good farmer, industrious and prudent, and the general appearance of the premises gives evidence of the enterprise and good management of the proprietor.