HISTORY
OF
MENARD & MASON COUNTIES, ILLINOIS
1879

Chicago: O.L. Baskin & Co., Historical Publishers
186 Dearborn Street
Chicago

Page 716

C. M. ROBERTSON, physician, Tallula; was born in Logan Co., Ky., June 10, 1821; the son of Martin and Sarah (Morton) Robertson, who were of Scotch and English origin, and located in Jacksonville, Morgan Co., Ill., in 1827; his mother died while he was quite young; his father was educated for the practice o flaw, but had a greater inclination toward mercantile life, which he followed through life; he was one of the first merchants of Schuyler Co., where he did business as early as 1828, at Rushville; he died in April, 1849, at the age of 74 years. The subject of this sketch removed to Woodford Co., Ky., in 1844, where he began the study of medicine under his brother, a practicing physician of that county, continuing there until 1845, when he took up his study with his brother, a physician at Rocheport, Mo.; he began the practice of his profession in Cass Co., Ill., where he practiced until 1850, when he came to Menard Co., settling at what was known as Robinson's Mill; in 1857, he removed to Plattsburg, Mo., where he remained until the fall of 1859, when he came and located in Tallula, where he has since lived, devoting his time and attention to his practice, except four years, beginning in 1869, during which time he served as County Judge of Menard Co. He is a man of fine social qualities and acknowledged ability. His wife was Salina E. Harris, of Menard Co.; they were married May 20, 1847; they have a promising family of six children, viz., William, Edward D., Henry C., Mary E., Thomas M. and Sarah I.


1879 Index

MAGA © 2000, 2001, 2002. In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data and images may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or for other presentation without express permission by the contributor(s).