Transcribed by: Ellen Booth.
A village in embryo, is located in the northeast corner of the precinct, and is surrounded by a beautiful belt of prairie bearing the same name. In the fall of 1867, a neat little church was erected here by the Cumberland Presbyterian society. In 1875, a general store was opened by B. Fulkerson. About the same date, T. Baker opened a blacksmith and wagon shop. The post office, Fancy Prairie, was established in 1875, with B. Fulkerson as Postmaster. The present Postmaster is A. B. Waters, who also operates the store. L. Shuck at present shapes iron for the villagers, and those living in the vicinity. These improvements, with some half-dozen private residences, makeup the village, which is simply a point of interest to the neighborhood in which it is situated.