FRANK E. BLANE, a son of Captain S. H. Blane, was born near Greenview, this county, October 16, 1866. He obtained his elementary education in the public school of Menard county and was graduated from the high school of Petersburg in 1884. He attended Eureka College at Eureka, Illinois, two years and subsequently matriculated in Knox College, at Galesburg, Illinois, where he graduated with the class of 1888. At Knox College he was a member of Delta Chapter of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. He entered upon the study of law with his father as preceptor and on the 17th day of January, 1891, was licensed to practice law. He at once became a partner of his father under the firm name of Blane & Blane. This connection continued until the junior partner was elected county judge in the fall of 1898. He served on the bench until June, 1902, when, owning to his father's ill health, he resigned his official position to again become his father's partner in the law business, this relationship continuing until the death of Captain Blane.
Frank E. Blane was twice elected city attorney of Petersburg, in 1891 and 1893. He is a member of the Christian church at Petersburg and an active Mason, being a member of Clinton lodge, No. 19, A. F. & A. M.; Dewitt chapter, No. 119, R. A. M.; St. Aldemar commandery, No. 47, K. T.; and Mohammed Temple of the Mystic Shrine.