UPDATE: From Jeanie Lowe - Merrell Cemetery was located west of Petersburg in a field. The tuft of weeds at the front of the picture is the cemetery. The tree which once stood here (referenced above by Mr. Toal) died and only a portion of the stump remains. Not much is left, but on 12 Apr 2004, the farmer & owner of the property, Albert Gellerman, took Stan Lowe to the cemetery location so he could document the location and search for any remaining signs of the cemetery. They found three pieces of stones - documented below. According to Jeanie, they will be returning to the site to probe and attempt to locate any remaining stone fragments.
|UNKNOWN||3 Jul 1842||1y9m8d|
|SMEDLEY, Christianna||Dau of N & M. Smedley|