Springfield Journal Register, date of paper which originally published the following is unknown.
FOR YOUR COLLECTION: OLD LOGAN PLACE IN THE NINETIES --
Recent years have witnessed the passing of a number of Springfield's fine old landmark residences, and conspicuously
among them Logan Place, for many years the home of Judge Stephen T. Logan, distinguished member of the local bar
and one-time law partner of Abraham Lincoln. It was razed in 1941 and the beautiful grounds became the site of Springfield Memorial
Hospital. Logan Place at First and Miller Streets, comprised 12.79 acres, a spacious residential property in any era. After Judge Logan's
death in 1881, it was occupied by his son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. L. H. Coleman, and still later by Mary Coleman Morrison and
her husband, Dr. H. T. Morrison - the last members of the family to live there. In the early period,
Lincoln, Douglas and other famous personages enjoyed its hospitality - and in later years President Grant
and Governors of various States, Senators and other public figures, along with a great galaxy of leading educators,
ministers, lecturers, scientists, musicians, et al. Fine traditions which shed real luster upon the community.
Submitted by: Jeanie Lowe.