The following inscription is on the back of the plate picturing the "old" Methodist Church (the plate on the left): "The First Methodist Church Building
in Franklin, a log structure was erected in 1831, on land now included in the Franklin Cemetery. After 9 years it was torn down and a brick church was built
on the same site. In May, 1861, this building was destroyed by a tornado. Since the cemetery needed more room, a frame building was erected on the public
square in 1861. Used until 1913, it proved to be inadequate, so was moved from the lot and a brick edifice erected and dedicated November 16, 1913, with 225 members.
This building was destroyed by fire February 27, 1959."
The second picture (right) is of the current church building, the inscription on the back is the same except the last sentence, which states "The present building was completed in March 1961 with a present membership of 237."
Submitted by Patty Meado