Riverton Methodist Church
Sangamon County IL
The records included here were copied from all available records in 1969/1970 and
then published by Eileen Lynch Gochanour in February 1985. They are used here
with written permission from Eileen. In her publication, she included the following
"The original church cornerstone was laid in 1877, and was an active church until
it burned in the winter of 1924. the members soon had started a new church in a beautiful
setting amidst a grove of trees with a lot of ground surrounding the building.
In 1903 the Riverton church was still a part of the Dawson Circuit. the
pastor was Rev. H. C. Turner, and his duties were more than one man could
handle, so in 1903, an order from the Conference separated the Riverton Church from
the Dawson Circuit. A new minister was then appointd for the Riverton Church, so it
began on its' own.
The records included here were copied from all available records in 1969/1970. There
are several books of records missing it seems, but we are very grateful for the ones
that are still available."
KNOWN MINISTERS OF RECORD
MEMBERSHIP LIST - 1964 MARRIAGES
BAPTISM/ADMISSION Records - Surnames A - L
BAPTISM/ADMISSION Records - Surnames M - Z
This resource page can be used by reseachers in their quest for their family history
but cannot be reproduced in any format for profit. ©2008