The following information was extracted from a xerox copy. It is believed the bible belonged
to a family who married into the Martin family. Obed Martin was my third great grandfather.
His son, Obediah Martin married Lucy Evelyn Scoville in Putnam County Ohio in 1848. Obediah
and Lucy lived in Moultrie County Illinois from at least 1874 as the land and property records state.
- Dan Marten Sr. was born in the year of our Lord 1772 in April 6th
- Elizabeth Marten was born October the 5th 1778
- Obed Martin born Feb. 18, 1794
- Jerry Martin born Feb. 8, 1796
- Alvi (Uriah) Martin born Aug. 22, 1798
- Robert Martin born Aug. 16, 1801
- Thomas Martin born March 30, 1803
- Betsy Martin born May 1, 1805
- Clarissa Martin born Aug 10, 1807
- Dan Martin Jr. born May 23, 1809
- Mareda Martin born May 11, 1811
- Calvin Martin born Aug. 15, 1813
- Lucretice Martin born May 11, 1815
- Olive Martin born Oct. 4, 1817
- Jared Martin born June 17, 1821
- Dan Martin Sr. died 20th Sept. 1830
Grandmother Marten's maiden name was Elizabeth Searles. Her father was Samuel Searles.
(Martin and Marten was written.)
The wife of Daniel Martin, Sr., Elizabeth Searle/Searles, was the daughter of Lemuel (not Samuel) Searle. She was a widow in the 1840 census of Sugar Creek Twp, Putnam Co OH, living with her son, Jared Martin.
(Daniel Martin and wife Elizabeth Searle... Daniel Martin on census records; 1800 Steuben Co NY, 1820 Bristol Twp, Morgan Co OH, and 1830 Jennings Twp, Putnam Co OH)
An interesting tidbit about this family is that Obed Martin's daughter-in-law, being Lucy Evelyn Scoville who married Obediah, had a sister, Electa, who married Jared Martin, who was Obed's youngest brother.
I do not have the bible from which this information was taken, however, I do have a xerox copy of the bible pages scanned into my computer. If anyone wants a copy I can try to send it via the internet.
Sincerely, Jean K. Lee