Search billions of records on

Oakwood Cemetery

Mt. Morris Township

This cemetery was established in late 1875 and is located 1/4 mile west of Mt. Morris on the south side of Illinois Highway No. 64. The stones are all in good condition. Several of the graves were moved here from Plainview Cemetery when Oakwood was first founded.
The Mauseleum at the west side of the cemetery was built in 1959 and has places for 96 interments.
Click here for partial list of gravestone inscriptions
Click here for Photos of Ogle County Tombstones

For more information contact one of our

Look Up Volunteers or the Ogle County Genealogical Society

Surname Index Below



Photos by Laverne M. Stauffer

Surname Index: (from mid 1980's)