Search billions of records on

Plainview Cemetery

Mt. Morris Township

Plainview Cemetery is located at the southwest edge of Mt. Morris just off Brayton Road. The five-acre tract was donated to the city for use as a cemetery by the Rock River Seminary. The first burial took place in 1842. There are many unmarked graves and many were moved to Oakwood Cemetery in the late 1800's. Many of the older stones are badly weathered and unreadable.

Click here for partial gravestone inscriptions

Click here for Photos of Ogle County Tombstones

For more information contact one of our

Look Up Volunteers or the Ogle County Genealogical Society

Surname Index Below



Photos by Laverne M. Stauffer


Surname Index: (from mid 1980's)