Saint Peter's Church
Grand Detour, Ogle County
Saint Peter's Church was built in 1850. The land
had been donated by Leonard Andrus, founder of Grand Detour and
original partner of the renowned plow manufacturer, John Deere.
The Gothic and Greek Revival structure is the second
oldest Episcopal church building in Illinois.
During the late 1990's the church went through a
Return to Historic
Return to Ogle
Co. Genealogy Site