Ameil George

Ameil George, living in Clinton Township upon a farm of eighty acres, on section 25, was born in Victor Township, this county, February 5, 1869.  His parents were natives of France and came to the United States in 1860.  The father was married three times, and by the first union had four children -Frank, Ameil, Ellen and Edward, deceased.  By the second marriage there was one child that died in infancy, and by the third marriage there was a daughter, Anna, who is now living with her father in Somonauk, Illinois.  The father has lost his third wife and makes his home with his youngest daughter, having retired from active business cares.

Mr. George of this review was reared to the life of the agriculturist, early becoming familiar with the duties and labors that constitute farm work.  Having arrived at years of maturity, he wedded Mary Kukuk and they became the parents of four children -Myrtle, born March 6, 1894; Margaret, August 4, 1895; Clarence, May 14, 1897, and Orban, January 16, 1901.  Having lost his first wife, Mr. George has since married Mary Faivre, who was born in May Township, Lee County, Illinois, December 5, 1867.  Her parents were natives of France and came to the United States in 1857, locating in Lee County, Illinois.  In their family were twelve children, of whom Mrs. George is the eldest, the others being Delphine; Frank; Josephine; one who died in infancy; Louis; Constant; Joseph; Paul and Andrew, who died in infancy; Tillie, who is living; and Albert, the youngest, who died October 7, 1892.  The second marriage of Mr. George was celebrated on the 29th of May, 1905, and by this union there has been born one son, Joseph, whose birth occurred March 19, 1906.

The family home is upon a good farm of eighty acres of rich and productive land on section 25, Clinton Township, and to its further development and improvement Mr. George gives his time and attention.  In politics he is a democrat and both he and his wife are members of the Catholic Church.

Source:  Past and Present of DeKalb County Illinois; by Prof. Lewis M. Gross, 1907

Back