ILSTEPHE is a mailing list for people with genealogical interests in Stephenson County.
Postings to the mail list are archived. Anyone interested in browsing through these archives
should go to: http://archiver.rootsweb.com/ILSTEPHE-L/
To subscribe send a message to:
that contains the one word
in the body of the message - nothing else.
If you'd like the digest version
Please turn OFF your signature file before you send.
The e-mail address for posting to the list is: ILSTEPHE-L@rootsweb.com
Please keep your posting on the subject, Stephenson County Genealogy, and do NOT send attachments.
Acceptable Use Policy of RootsWeb
---Posted in the June 17, 1999 RootsWeb Review (vol. 2, No. 24)
(1) HAVE FUN. Well, we can't *require* you to have fun, but we
really think you should.
(2) YOU OWN YOUR POSTS. When you post messages to lists, message boards, and other facilities at RootsWeb, those posts remain your property under copyright law.
(3) ROOTSWEB MAY ARCHIVE AND REDISTRIBUTE. So we can provide
current and future users with access to your posts, by posting
here you do give RootsWeb a permanent license to archive and
redistribute those posts. This policy may be superseded in
specific circumstances by other commitments made by RootsWeb.
(4) POST ONLY MATERIAL YOU *DO* OWN. When you post to RootsWeb, you must either be the copyright holder (that basically means you wrote it), have written permission from the copyright holder, or the material must clearly be in the public domain.
(5) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR POSTS. If you post anything
that results in RootsWeb being sued, you are responsible for any
costs you incur. We may also hold you responsible for any costs
we incur defending ourselves.
(6) YOU SHOULD NOT DECREASE THE ENJOYMENT OF OTHERS. Your posts should not flame or otherwise harass other users and should be reasonably on topic for the areas where they appear, and you should otherwise adhere to the principles of netiquette.
(7) OTHER POLICIES MAY APPLY AND ALL POLICIES MAY CHANGE. In
addition to this general acceptable use policy, other specific
policies may apply to Web sites, mailing lists, message boards,
and other facilities at RootsWeb. These policies may change with
time, but current versions will be publicly accessible on RootsWeb's site.
(8) ROOTSWEB HAS LIMITED RESPONSIBILITIES. Hard disks fail and
other catastrophes occur. While RootsWeb strives to provide the
most reliable possible service, we are not liable for service
interruptions and loss of data. In *no* case, technical failure
or otherwise, will RootsWeb be liable for damages exceeding any payments you make to us.
(9) COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRE PERMISSION. RootsWeb's intent is to provide a friendly and, as much as possible, noncommercial environment. Any activity that involves the exchange of money requires prior permission from RootsWeb.
(10) ROOTSWEB RESOURCES MAY NOT BE RESOLD. No RootsWeb facilities -- for example, Web sites, mailing lists, and message boards -- may be resold. Public domain content on RootsWeb may not be harvested for commercial or other use, other than as would have been permitted by the Fair Use provisions of American copyright law if the material had been copyrighted. Material written and posted by an individual may not be harvested for commercial or other use, except with the permission of that individual or as permitted by Fair Use.
(11) ROOTSWEB MAY REFUSE SERVICE. For violations of this
agreement or other policies posted on the RootsWeb site, RootsWeb may revoke the violator's right to use part or all of the RootsWeb site.
(12) MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. Upon request, RootsWeb will terminate any services we are providing to you, and refund your last annual contribution.