Zion Genealogy Meeting Monday, April 17, 2017
There were 20 members and 1 guest at our April meeting.
Our President Don Classey opened the meeting at 7pm
Joanne Layne introduced our speaker, Teresa Steinkamp McMillin, whose topic was “From Piles to Files: Getting Organized”. Teresa spoke about organizing our digital and paper files and our heirloom items. The presentation was well-received by attendees with active participation.
- Family TreeMaker update status at https://www.support.mackiev.com. RootsMagic is another option (also will sync with Ancestry.com).
- The Eberle workshop will be held on Saturday, May 20, at the ZB library in lieu of our general meeting the previous Monday. Brochures with the registration f
orm were made available. There will be a modest fee for a syllabus and box lunch. Still available: two 1-hour or one 2-hour consultation with Mary Eberle on Sunday, May 21. Cost i
s $75 per hour. Contact Joanne Layne if interested.
- Vicki Mattson announced several upcoming local genealogy events, including:
- May 6 – Fountaindale Library “Genealogy Day” (Fountaindale, IL)
- July 8 – McHenry County IL Gen Soc Summer Conference
- Oct 27-28 – IL State Gen Soc annual conference (Moline, IL)
- The writing group will meet next Sunday at the village hall from 1-3pm. The topic is “If you were given $1000, to whom would you give it away (not family
).” Also, our Society has taken on the project of updating our historical scrapbook. We would appreciate donations from anyone with newspaper clippings, photos, artif
- Angela Westphal discussed upcoming library events and presentations.
- Beverly Millard is recovering from a bad fall.
- Carol Bradbury is recovering from an auto accident.
- Gertrude Vardeman passed away on April 9, 2017.
Treats furnished by Vicki Mattson
Vicki Mattson won the raffle prize ($10 WalMart gift card donated by Ann Darrow)
ADJOURNMENT: 8:30 pm
Minutes submitted by Carol Awe for Barb Howe- Secretary
Updated May 9, 2017