The Administration Building was the headquarters of both the commercial and spiritual activities of the community. It was built in 1902 directly across Sheridan Road from Elijah Hospice and was heated by boilers located in the hotel. The General Manager and his staff had spacious accommodations on the first floor where there was also banking facilities and a real estate office. The bookkeeping for all the institutions and industries owned by the Christian Catholic Church was done in the Administration Building.
The upper floor housed a suite for the General Overseer and the other officers of the Church. Membership and tithe records were kept here. On the second floor were law offices and also the office of the architect of Zion. In later years the north wing was used for the Zion Post Office. The building was torn down about 1962.
(The picture of the Administration Building is a pen and ink drawing by Jan Debevic. The picture and the information are from Zion in Focus published about 1979.)