Old Saint Mark’s Lutheran Cemetery
Listed below is the transcription of the tombstones in the Old St Mark’s Cemetery, Pleasant Township, Allen County, Indiana. The cemetery is located at 14100 Thiel Road, between Hamilton and Pleasant Center Roads. This cemetery is no longer in use. Only one stone remains.
The cemetery was photographed and transcribed in October of 2008. All stones in place at that time were included. If there is a photo of the tombstone, there will be a link after the name.
The listings are in alphabetical order. One surname is listed per stone. If a stone contained multiple people, the names on the stone are listed in order, from left to right. Information that pertains to a single individual is listed after their name. If the information pertains to multiple names, such as a marriage date, it is listed after all the names.
In some instances the stones were very worn and hard to read. In 1932 the DAR did a reading of the cemetery. The information from the 1932 reading was used if the stones were unreadable or if the stones were not found.
At this time, requests to photograph specific tombstones are not being taken. There is no other information on any person other than what is listed. The photographs are copyrighted by the Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter, NSDAR and may not be copied or published in any way for profit. Copies of the photos may be printed for your personal use only. Please give the Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter, NSDAR credit when documenting where the transcriptions and photos were found.
© 2008-2010 Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter NSDAR