Homer L. Casebere is one of the younger men
whose enterprise entitles them to special consideration among DeKalb County agriculturists. Mr. Casebere operates the fine old Casebere farm in Stafford
Township, on the eastern edge of the county. This
farm has many characteristics to be admired in the
way of improvements and productiveness, and its
good features are by no means covered up and lost
sight of by the name chosen by the owner and officially recorded among farm names in the court house
at Auburn. This name is "Just-A-Mere Farm."
Mr. Casebere was born on this farm July 27, 1887,
a son of S. S. and Flora (Dunkle) Casebere. His
father was born in Williams County, Ohio, January
22. i860, son of George and Mrs. (Knisely) Casebere.
His parents now reside at Butler and are active members of the Christian Church there. S. S. Casebere
has been quite active in the republican party and
was formerly township trustee and member of the
County Council. In the family were three children:
Lester, who married Lottie McDaniel, of Stafford
Township ; Mabel, wife of Frank Lyons, of Wilmington Township ; and Homer L.
Homer L. Casebere grew up on the home farm
and finished his education with two years in high
school. He married Princess Thomas, daughter of
Elder Fred A. Thomas of Milford, Indiana. Mrs.
Casebere finished her education at Valparaiso University. They have three children : Mabel, born
October 1, 1912; Harold, born May 31, 1914; and
Rachel, born January 22, 1916. The family are members of the Christian Church and Mr. Casebere is
one of its elders and also a teacher in the Sunday
His farm comprises 155 acres and while it furnishes him ample
employment for all his energies
he has other interests, being a member of the Arctic
Shipping Association of Arctic, is secretary of the
Hobb Threshing Company, and a stockholder in the
Hamilton National Bank at Fort Wayne. He is
also a member of the Grange and is a republican in
("History of Northeast Indiana: LaGrange, Steuben, Noble and DeKalb Counties," Lewis Publishing Co., Chicago, 1920)
This website created October 17, 2011 by Sheryl McClure.
© Indiana American History and Genealogy Project