Barker's Chapel Cemetery
Directions: Smithfield Township, DeKalb County, Indiana,
S°10 T°35N R°13E N°41
30.778' W085 00.542
From SR427 north of Waterloo, drive 5.8 miles north on Old
SR27/CR39 to CR4. The church cemetery is on the southeast side
of the intersection of Old SR27/CR39 and CR4. From SR427 south
of Hamilton, go west on CR4. From I69 at Ashley, go east on SR4,
then south on Old SR27/CR39.
From "History of DeKalb County Cemeteries" by Dorothy A. Ditmars, April 18,
As given by Mr. Isaac Barker of Hudson, Indiana this cemetery
is located North East 1/4 of North East 1/4 of Section 10, and 3/4 mile east
of Summit. It is cared for by Methodist denomination. The land
was donated by Rev. Edward Barker in 1865. Some of the old pioneers
buried here are, George Shull, wife and children; Isaac Gramling and family,
the Rev. Edward Barker and wife; Mrs. John Shore and son, and a host of others.