Big Run Cemetery
Directions: Stafford Township, DeKalb County,
Indiana, S°7 T°34N R°15E
Drive two miles east of Butler on US6 to CR75 and turn south.
Go 0.4 miles on CR75 where the cemetery is located on the south side
of the Big Run Church. It is located on the west side of CR75.
From "History of DeKalb County Cemeteries" by Dorothy A. Ditmars, April 18,
This resting place is located in the northern part of
Stafford township. One and one half acres were conveyed to the trustees
of the cemetery by Jacob and Mary Gunsenhouser in 1878. Later on James
Gaff conveyed one acre more on April 7th.
In 1908, August 28, this cemetery was conveyed to the
trustees of Stafford township. The first deed in this cemetery was
Nov. 19, 1853. The first trustees of this cemetery were Robert Arford,
Peleg Hull, and John J. Imhoff. The present ones are Samuel Adams,
Charles Cather, and Louis Pepper.