From "History of DeKalb County Cemeteries" by Dorothy A. Ditmars, April 18,
This only cemetery of Troy Township lies in the northwest
corner of Troy township, one mile south of Steuben county line.
The land formerly was taken from the Willard Eddy farm.
One acre of ground was purchased from George Skinner by Simeon Aldrich and
laid out in lots, which were sold at one dollar each. This was probably
about 1830. There are stones there that record as far back as 1839.
This cemetery has been expanded on three sides, until
at present it probably contains about three acres. It was incorporated
and given the name of Eddy graveyard. Many of the lots have only one
or two graves on, as in the early days the people were transient and moved
Some prominent people buried here are John Houlton (first
settler in DeKalb County) many of the Haswells', Bruners', Brooks', Aldrich's,
The preceding account was given by Mr. Willard Eddy of
Troy township who is still living.