Directions: Fairfield Township, S°15 T°33N
R°12E N°41 28.920' W°85 07.691'
This public cemetery is located on the east end of CR12 east of the town
of Fairfield Center which is located at the intersection of CR12 and CR13.
From SR327, go east on CR12.
FAIRFIELD CENTER CEMETERY HISTORY
From "History of DeKalb County Cemeteries" by
Dorothy A. Ditmars, April 18, 1924.
The Fairfield Center Cemetery came into existence about
December 1846. The first part contained one acre, and belonged to Fairfield
township. In 1892, there was a one-half acre added to the east side.
An association was formed known as the Fairfield Center
Association. They supervised the platting and selling of the lots.
In October 1895 one acre was added on the east. About one half of it
This is a very beautiful cemetery and is well kept.
Many costly monuments mark the resting places of many pioneers who suffered
in the hardships of the clearing up of our county.
This first interment made here was for Byron Thomas Crossley,
aged 24 years.
This paragraph was given by Oren Bair of Hudson, Indiana,
who is present treasurer of the Fairfield Center Association.