Saint Michael's Cemetery
Directions: Smithfield Township, DeKalb County, Indiana,
S°15 T°35N R°13E
From SR427 north of Waterloo, drive 4.3 miles north on CR39/Old
SR27 to CR10. The church cemetery is west of the road on CR10
about 1/4 miles from St. Michael's Church.
From "History of DeKalb County Cemeteries" by Dorothy A. Ditmars, April 18,
This cemetery consists of one acre which was donated by
Mrs. Mary Shoudel in April 1881, with free burial to all of the congregation.
No lots are to be sold.
The first member that was buried there was the husband
of the donor John Mathias Shoudel. Mrs. Shoudel Aloysius and Elizabeth
Dapp, Frank Mueller, John Mueller, Fred Gfeller, and many others are buried
The above paragraph was given by Mr. George May of Waterloo,