Aug. 5, 1920, Thursday, The Waterloo
VICTIM OF LOCKJAW DIED LAST SATURDAY
Violet, Little Daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Milton Keller,
Stepped on a Piece of Glass.
Violet Virginia, the
ten year-old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Milton Keller, died for tentanus,
commonly known as lock jaw, last Saturday afternoon after a critical
illness of several days.
About three weeks ago
she stepped on a piece of glass while at play and barefoot, and at the
time nothing serious was even thought of. However an infection
set in and last week a doctor was called and it was found that she was
suffering from a bad case of blood poisoning. On Thursday
tentanus developed and the serum treatment was resorted with the hope
that her life might be spared, but convulsions set in and later it
developed into meningitis and her limbs became paralyzed. Death
resulted on Saturday afternoon.
The funeral was held
from the U. B. church Monday afternoon at two o-clock and the interment
took place in the cemetery at Waterloo.
The death came as a
blow to the family as she was a bright little miss and had many friends
among the girls of her age.
Violet Virginia was
born at Winemac, Ind., Aug. 25, 1910 and died at Waterloo, Ind., July
31, 1920, aged 9 years, 11 months and 6 days. She is survived by
her father and mother, two sisters, Goldie and Hilda, and three
brothers, Vernie, Erma and Victor Lynn.