ADAMS CEMETERY
Eel River Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
NE ¼ of the NE ¼ of Sec 32, T17N R2W
Visited August 14, 2005

Directions:
This cemetery is on the north side of Ladoga Road, just east of 725W and the West Fork of the Big Walnut Creek.  It is on the current Thomas Goode property.  Since there are no indications of a cemetery, either be led to it or use a GPS unit. From the house, go north to the line where the hayfield meets the tree line.  Follow the tree line northwest until some remains of a small barn.  The cemetery is in the weeds.

Approximate Center (Area is where a single stone was found in the past):
N39°52.723’ W86°39.571’ or
N395243 W863934

Condition:
This cemetery is currently just a patch of weeds.  A single stone was found over the hill by the homeowner’s children. They put it back but it cannot be found now.  It has been said that this cemetery used to be fenced, was next to a hog barn (the old structure), and had more stones (6-12 in 1933).
The one confirmed burial is for Emerine Adair, died September 11, 1855, aged 4 months and 26 days, daughter of Thomas J. and Mariah.  This family was found living in the area in the 1860 census, but not owning the land.  The Adams and Fleece families (who intermarried) owned the land for much of the 1800s.

                                                                                      Cemetery
                                                                                                    Approximate Cemetery Site

                                                        Map


Back to Cemetery List