Eel River Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
NW ¼ of the NE ¼ of Sec 34, T17N R2W
Visited September 20, 2007 and March 13, 2008
Back to Cemetery List
Directions: This cemetery is on the south side of CR 800N, east
of SR 75. It is on the current Clements Farm, somewhere around their current
dog pen, which is behind (south) of the house. No stones remain.
This cemetery has been destroyed. According the Clements family, gravestones
were found while plowing the field to the west of the driveway, starting
in the 1960s. There were quite a few, some large and most illegible.
All but one were hauled away with other rocks. There are still a couple
iron posts near the dog pen that may mark the original location. The Clements'
believe that the stones in the field were dumped there and not the actual
The single stack stone top is currently in North Salem at the home of Buddy
Clements. It is for Oliver F. Davidson, son of Daniel N. and Elizabeth
(Davidson) Davidson, who died August 15, 1878, aged 9y 3m 9d (born 5-6-1869).
Daniel Davidson’s biography is in the 1878 Atlas of Hendricks County.
They had one child die in infancy (1862), who could also be buried on the
farm. Another son, William Robert Davidson, has a biography in the 1914 History
of Hendricks County.
Oliver Davidson Stack Top
Map of Location