This cemetery is on the east side of 550E, south of SR 36 and just north
of the railroad tracks. It is in the side yard of #311, up on a hill by the
tracks. The white picket fence can be seen from the road.
NW: N39°45.466’ W86°25.726’
SE: N39°45.464’ W86°25.720’
N39°45.465’ W86°25.723’ or
This cemetery is fenced, reasonably maintained, and possibly mowed.
It contains three stones: tablet stones in slots for Laura Barnett and John
Barnett, and a military stone for Hugh Smith, who was a musician in the War
of 1812. All stones are standing and level. The base of Laura’s stone
has broken, but the stone is mortared to the remaining part. A few
chunks of unmarked tablet stones were also on the ground, but they are most
likely pieces of footstones. A large tree is growing in the west end
of the cemetery and a lot of junk from the current homeowners is piled against
the fence. It is also possible that the fence is in the wrong spot,
possibly put up later by descendents. If the bodies were buried traditionally,
with feet to the east, Hugh Smith’s body would be outside of the fence.