Center Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
W1/2 of SW1/4 of Sec 34, T16N R1W
Visited June 14, 2005 and December 27, 2007
Take Washington Street (CR 0) north out of Danville. The cemetery
is on the east side of the road, approximately across from Northridge Drive.
Park at the white house (#1331). Ask permission, as the cemetery is
on their private property. Cemetery is just a few feet north of the
NW: N39°46.848’ W86°31.435’
SE: N39°46.839’ W86°31.424’
N39°46.844’ W86°31.430’ or
The four corner posts and some of the fence still remain around the cemetery.
It is currently being mowed on all four sides. The cemetery itself
is completely overgrown with weeds and brairs though a local Boy Scout troop
cleaned out the large growth a couple of years ago. One large stack stone
is standing and visible over the weeds (Mary & John Templin).
It in the middle of the west side of the cemetery. There is a fallen stack
stone for Lucinda Templin, wife of Terah Templin in the northwest corner.
It is probable that his name is on the other side of the stone but it was
too heavy to move. There are two grave depressions and two footstone
in that area. John Templin's original tablet stone is located to the south
of his large shared stack stone (he died 27 years before her). A tablet stone
for their son William is to the north of his parents' stack stone. Two
tablets for sons of John and Mary (John W. and Jasper) are lying on the ground
to the east of the large stack. The tablet stone for Elizabeth Templin
found in 2005 was not found in 2007, though may have been covered by leaves.
Whole Cemetery from the South
Row of Stones from the North