This cemetery is on the east side of 550W, about halfway between Tudor
Road and Hendricks County Road (Hendricks/Morgan County Line). In
a valley is a small drain that winds to the east. There is a drive
that follows it on the north side. It leads along the field, up the
hill to the cemetery. The cemetery is barely visible from the road
when there are beans or wheat in the field.
NW: N39°36.802’ W86°37.173’
SE: N39°36.762’ W86°37.151’
N39°36.782’ W86°37.162’ or
This cemetery is fenced, not often mowed, and not maintained. It
used to be the site of the Stilesville Christian Church, founded in 1834.
The church, now located in Stilesville, still owns it. The long grass
had been cut recently, but not near the stones. Currently, the stones are
in poor condition. Most tablets are on the ground and sinking face
up. A lot of the stack stones have fallen and are covered in weeds.
In 1992 the overgrown cemetery was cleared of brush, weeds and trees by
the Stilesville Christian Youth Fellowship. It was rededicated October
11, 1992. Hopefully the stones themselves will soon be repaired.
Cemetery in 1992
Cemetery from the Southeast (2005)
the Southwest (2008)
Fallen Stack Stones (2008)