James Redkey, son of Joshua
Redkey and Mary Elizabeth Weyer, was born May 14, 1813 in Highland Co., OH and died
October 21, 1889 in Redkey, Jay Co., IN.
- Elvira Hartman, daughter of Isaac and Jane Hartman, on December 19, 1833 in Ohio.
- Jane Evans October 1855 in Jay Co., IN.
- Mary E. Adams August 31, 1871.
Children of James and Elvira Redkey are,
- Mary Jane b. Dec 2, 1834, d. Jan 28, 1912, m. George Fiers April 20, 1858 in Jay Co.,
- Martin b. June 20, 1837, d. March 18, 1907 in Leesburg, OH, m. Elizabeth Umensetter
April 8, 1864 in Highland Co., OH.
- Nancy b. March 16, 1840 d. September 10, 1841
- Drusilla b. October 30, 1844 d. November 25, 1919, m Marcellus King Richardson on
November 223, 1866
- John William b. February 20, 1847 d. April 3, 1935, m. Martha Elizabeth Sherwood on
November 3, 1873 in Highland Co., OH
- Alexander Nation b. November 17, 1848, d. October 18, 1855
In 1856 James and family moved to Indiana near Richmond. The following year he moved to
Mt Vernon, Jay Co., In. When the railroad came to Mt Vernon the towns name was changed to
Redkey. James was a Methodist Episcopal Preacher and serviced many churches throughout Jay