Henry C. Bailey, cashier John A. Thompson’s Bank, Edinburg, was born in Shelby County, Ind., September 21, 1854, and is a son of Julius M. and Eveline (Thornberry) Bailey. His parents were both natives of Indiana. The father, for a number of years, was identified with the mercantile interests of Freeport, Ind., and later followed merchandising in Indianapolis. He was a man of character, high social standing, and for many years an active member of the Christian Church. Henry C. Bailey was reared and educated in his native town and Indianapolis. On quitting school he accepted a clerical position in the office of the Marion County circuit court, and later engaged with the Bradstreet Commercial Agency, with which he was identified for a period of ten years. In 1887 he became assistant cashier in the banking house of John A. Thompson, Edinburg, the duties of which position he is still discharging. Mr. Bailey possesses superior clerical abilities, and in his various positions earned the reputation of a safe and painstaking business man. May 4, 1884, he was united in marriage with Miss Susan Thompson, the accomplished daughter of John A. Thompson, of Edinburg, a lady favorably known for her rare attainments and amiable traits of character. They have two children, to-wit: Lillian and Mary E.