Dr. Julius C. Sharp, one of the oldest medical men in Johnson County, is a native of Highland County, Ohio, born on the 9th day of November, 1810. His father was Isaac Sharp, and his mother’s maiden name was Sallie Leaveston. Isaac Sharp served as a corporal in the War of 1812, and died shortly after the close of that struggle, in the vigor and prime of early manhood. Mrs. Sharp subsequently married Alexander Mence, Esq., by whom she had four children. By her first marriage she was the mother of five children, the subject of this biography being the second son and only member of the family now living. The mother of Dr. Sharp was the second time left a widow, and later, she was united in marriage with J. S. Crumley, Esq. Dr. Sharp was raised and educated in his native county, and grew to manhood amid the stirring scenes of farm life. Impressed with a desire to enter the medical profession, he began preparing for the same, by a course of reading in the office of Dr. C. C. Sams, of Hillsbourough, Ohio, and later graduated from the Ohio Medical College, at Cincinnati, completing the prescribed course of that institute in 1841. He began the practice of his profession at the town of Marshall, not far from his old home, where he continued twelve years, and then moved to Shelbyville, Ind., where he was similarly engaged for three years. He afterward practiced two years in Clark County Ill., two years at Bowling Green, Ind., and in 1855, located in Edinburg, where he continued the profession until his retirement from its active duties, about the year 1868. Since that time he has turned his attention principally to mechanical pursuits, being a skillful artisan in all kinds of woodwork, etc. The Doctor has a military record extending over a period of one year in the late Civil War, having served that time as member of Company H, Fifty-third Indiana Volunteer Infantry, Col. W. Q. Gresham’s old regiment. He was in the battle of Shiloh and other engagements, but owing to sickness, was discharged from the service at the end of the time above mentioned. Dr. Sharp was married in 1850, to Miss Deborah Toner, daughter of John Toner, of Edinburg. One child was born to this marriage, namely: John E. Sharp, now one of the leading citizens of Columbus, and auditor of Bartholomew County.