Thomas M. Robison, a farmer of Clark Township, is a native of Johnson County, Ind., and is the son of Thomas and Jane M. (Clark) Robison. The father was born in Fleming County, Ky., August 18, 1797; and died in Johnson County, Ind., February 8, 1836. The mother was born in Muhlenberg County, Ky., September 8, 1807. Unto the marriage of these parents were born five children, namely: Sarah, born October 3, 1827; Andrew C., January 18, 1829; Alexander, December 1, 1830; Annie, October 26, 1832; Thomas M., June 21, 1834. Their parents came to Indiana, and settled in Monroe County, in 1825. In 1829, they removed to Johnson County, and settled in Clark Township, where he was elected justice of peace, which office he held until his death. The father’s death occurred February 8, 1836. He was among the pioneer settlers of the county, but lived but a short period after his settling in this county. Of the above five children only two are living, namely our subject and a sister. Thomas was reared on a farm, and received a limited education in the pioneer log schoolhouse. This education was received under disadvantages, for when our subject was a youth, school terms were short and poorly taught, and he attended a part of only six winter terms. By close observation and study throughout life he has become conversant on general subjects. At the age of sixteen years he began the battle of life for himself. He served an apprenticeship at the wagonmaker’s trade; which he followed four years, and in 1854, emigrated to California, where he remained for two years, and then returned to his native county, where he was married in 1856, to Miss Ann E. Holmes, daughter of Giles and Martha Holmes. Mrs. Robison was born in Warren County, Ohio, February 23, 1835. The issues of the above marriage, are two children, namely: Eugene A., born May 30, 1857, and a deceased child, unnamed, April 6, 1870. Eugene A. is a teacher, having taught ten successful terms in the public schools. Since Mr. Robison’s marriage, he has resided in Clark Township, and has been actively engaged in agricultural pursuits. He is now a prosperous citizen, owning and cultivating a well-improved farm of 120 acres. He and wife are members of the Christian Church, of which he has been a member since 1851, and she, since 1859. In politics he is an ardent republican, casting his first presidential vote for A. Lincoln. He has been a progressive citizen, and has held several positions of honor and trust. During the war he was an enrolling officer in Clark Township. He has served his township as its assessor for two years, was once elected justice of peace, but resigned. At one time he became the republican candidate for county commissioner, and cut a majority of over 500 against him, down to 283, thus demonstrating the high esteem in which his fellow citizens hold him. In regard to churches, schools, and all laudable improvements, he has been friendly, and has been characterized as an industrious, and enterprising, as well as progressive citizen.