W. D. Branigin, senior member of the firm of Branigin & Tucker, dealers in agricultural implements, wagons, buggies, and seeds, of Franklin, is a native of Johnson County, and was born November 24, 1846, and is the son of N. S. and Sarah J. (Forsythe) Branigin, both natives of Kentucky, the father being born in February, 1815, and the mother in March, 1825. The grandfather was John Branigin, a native of Kentucky, who died in Kentucky. In 1836 his wife, with our subject’s father, came to Johnson County, Ind. The mother was the daughter of David Forsythe, who came to Johnson County from Kentucky, in 1832. Nicholas, the father, is a farmer by occupation. He has been quite prominent, and as a democrat has been elected and served as commissioner of Johnson County. He now lives in Blue River Township, five miles south from Franklin, where he owns eighty acres of land. His wife is still living. To the parents, five children have been born, four of whom are living. Our subject was reared on a farm, and received a common school education. He resided on the farm until the fall of 1887, and then formed a partnership with G. W. Tucker, in the agricultural implement business, establishing a house in Franklin, of which our subject has charge, and also one in Edinburg, of which Mr. Tucker has charge. He was married on November 26, 1868, to Miss Nancy Lash, who was born in Johnson County, in 1850, and is a daughter of Samuel D. Lash. To this union six children have been born, and one child died. Mr. Branigin also owns a farm of 175 acres, and his wife fourteen acres, lying in Blue River Township.