Mt. Pleasant Christian Church (White River Township) was organized on the 17th day of April, 1884, by Elders B. M. Blount and E. W. Darst, with a membership considerably in excess of sixty. The first meetings were held in a building formerly used by the Presbyterians. But the same year in which the organization was effected, a subscription was taken, resulting in the erection of the present beautiful temple of worship, in Section 28, which was formally dedicated the following fall. The membership has steadily increased and Mt. Pleasant, at this time, is one of the prosperous Christian churches of the county, numbering over 100 communicants. A flourishing Sunday school is sustained through the year, and has already proved a valuable auxiliary to the church. The present pastor of Mt. Pleasant is Elder Wilson.
Banta, D.D.. History of Johnson County, Indiana 1888 . Chicago, IL: Brant & Fuller, 1888.
Transcribed by Lois Johnson